Fall


Fall starts to show its colors (what a big announcement, isn't it?)

I have learned to like Fall, the "true" one, not only September during which month I enjoyed picking mushrooms and chesnuts with my family when I was a kid. No, I'm talking about the entire season till December 21st. In France, Fall is usually associated with chilly and boring weather: rain, first fogs and frost bites. In Georgia, we benefit from Indian Summers almost every year. It is finally when we can start breathing again after a hot canicular and tropical Summer ... cool mornings and nights, how enjoyable!

I particularly like the Fall colors: golden tons of the light and shimmer on the leaves, the oranges of pumpkins and sunsets, the reds of mapple trees.  What I also like is the promise of festivities just around the corner: First Halloween, and then Thanksgiving and Christmas shortly after. Halloween and Thanksgiving are not traditions I grew up with, for which I have references. However,  I wouldn't miss those celebrations now for anything.

What about you?




1 comment:

  1. il y a si longtemps que tu n'écrivais plus. Ravie de te lire.

    ReplyDelete